Storage, Drives & Media

2 Bronze

error code 2000-0151

Hi I am a Dell user. I have 1564 Inspiron, right now not in warranty. Lately I  faced blue screen of death, when restarted, Dell logo appears and later a blank screen! On restarting and pressing F12, with the Pre boot system assessment, I discovered its error code 2000-0151.

I do face a cracking noise from the disk. Any possible solutions??? 

Solutions (2)

Accepted Solutions
9 Rhodium

I am having same problem, however this is the second drive I have replaced in this system.  Is there possibly something wrong with controller thats killing these drives?

Getch394

I doubt it.

Hard drives fail all the time, I've new hard drives fail in less than 30 days, hence the reason for warranties.

What brand of hard drive is it?

Bev.

If my answer was helpful, please click: Kudos
Forum Member since 2001
I am not employed by Dell

View solution in original post

Community Accepted Solution

Hi nguru007,

2000-0151 error indicates your hard disk drive (HDD) has failed and may be nearing the end of its life. Please backup the data from the system if it’s booting up. Please enter your service tag # on the link below, select the OS, then download the BIOS from BIOS section onto the system and install it. Then run the diagnostics again.

http://dell.to/16K5Pbl

Please refer to the video in the link below for updating the BIOS.

http://dell.to/164n7sH

Depending on the warranty status we can help you further, please use the link below to check the warranty status.

http://dell.to/18r60nI

Please punch in the system service tag or express service code. In case your system warranty has expired please contact the Out of Warranty department 1-800-288-4410 (U.S.Customer only). In case your system is under warranty please send me the system service tag or express service code through a private message, so that I can help you further. To send a private message, click on my name and select ‘Send private message’.

View solution in original post

Community Accepted Solution
Replies (43)
8 Krypton

Hi Dr.swap,

That error indicates an "incorrect status" of your optical drive. I suggest you run the Dell diagnostics on your drive. To test your CD/DVD drive from the utility partition:

1. Reboot your system. When you see the Dell logo, hit F12 to enter the boot menu.

2. Select Boot to utility partition.

3. Select Test System.

4. Select Custom Test.

5. Use the arrow keys or mouse to select your CD/DVD drive.

6. Insert a CD or DVD.

7. Click Run Tests.

8. Write down any error messages.

I have the inpiton 15, it didn't come with a cd DVD drive, I had it for about 5 weeks before it came up with the same error code. I need this for school now and can't afford a new laptop.

Please help.

2 Bronze

Hi OSPREY4,

Thnks for ur reply.On hittn F12,I get 4 options under boot menu directly as follows

CD/DVD Drive

Harddrive

network 

diagnostics

enter setup

this is wat i get on hitn F12.on entering diagnostics,now im gettn error code 2000-0146.DST hard drive shot test Fail.

what shld i do???

10 Diamond

Replace the hard drive with a new one.  Yours is toast.

2 Bronze

2000-0146 doesn't mean HD failure. it means the last log contained errors. ANY errors. just dont state that if the information isn't 100%.

10 Diamond

Sorry, but drive short test fail means what it says - particularly since it's the first time it's shown up.  The drive needs to be replaced.  

2 Bronze

Pleace solve my problem

1. when i am installed windows xp then show me some technical erroer 

Stop: 0x0000007b (0xf78d2524, 0xc0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

and

2. when laptop runing in Diognostic then show errores

error code 0151, hard drive 0 incorrect status: 32 No additional

Plz solve my problem i shall be heavily thankful  to u...

8 Krypton

Hi Teji98,

It appears you need a new hard drive.

Good luck!

How to transfer the OS and data from failed hard drive to a new drive?

Thanks

Top Contributor
Latest Solutions