Laptops General - Read Only

2 Bronze

Inspiron 7352: Upgrade memory and hard drive.

Hi

I'm considering to buy this laptop but have a few questions before deciding:

1 - Can I replace the default 8gb memory module with a 16gb one? If so, what's the recommended brand/model I should buy? I can see that the laptop only has one memory slot, so a 16gb module is needed, but I couldn't find it after a quick best buy search.

2 - Is this 512GB ssd compatible with the laptop?

3 - Is this laptop the inspiron 13 7000 special edition?(The best buy link does not mention it)

I'm a programmer that works with many virtual machines, so 16gb memory is a requirement. In case it's not possible with this laptop, I'd love some 13.3 laptop(preferably 2 in 1) alternative.

Thanks in advance

Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
10 Diamond

Though the specs say it will take a 16G module, these have just recently begun to appear in the market -- Crucial doesn't list one (yet).  You may want to wait a while for these to become more common (and drop in price -- they're very expensive right now).

That SSD will work fine.

View solution in original post

Community Accepted Solution
Replies (5)
10 Diamond

Though the specs say it will take a 16G module, these have just recently begun to appear in the market -- Crucial doesn't list one (yet).  You may want to wait a while for these to become more common (and drop in price -- they're very expensive right now).

That SSD will work fine.

Community Accepted Solution
3 Silver

Anyone has any updated information about compatibility between new 16gb single SODIMM modules (like http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/ct204864bf160b ) and Inspiron 7348/7352/7358 5th-gen-based 2-in-1 notebooks?

10 Diamond

Crucial says 8G max:

<<www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/Dell/inspiron-13-%287352%29>> 

-- not 16.

3 Silver

They state "garanteed compatible". Since the 7348/7352/7358 series is also available with 4th generation Intel CPU (which is garanteed not to work with 16gb modules), Crucial prefered to remove the 16gb module from the 7352 compatibility list.

2 Bronze

I had several questions about this laptop, one of which is the memory.  But I've cut and pasted the whole reply from Dell Tech Support, so I guess this is the official word:

Their answers are in bold, below:

Are the two machines (7348 and 7352) just re-badged?

- YES

Can I use a 16GB internal SODIMM memory chip - does the bios support only 8 GB or will it support 16 GB?

- Unfortunatley the max supported RAM is upto 8gig only

Is there a list of DRIVERs for Windows 10? (you can see why I might be a bit wary of your support tools), and,

- We are currently working on it, but windows update will push the latest drivers automatically

Finally, what active stylus models (if any) will work with this thing?

- This is what we recommend

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

Top Contributor
Latest Solutions