Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • yes this site is connected and authorriz to all 25 sites including GADWP..

@razorfrog thanks for your inquiry. We’re checking with the team about this regarding Site Kit. We should have an answer for you soon.

Thread Starter Razorfrog Web Design

(@razorfrog)

@reneesoffice Any update? Thanks!

Plugin Support James Osborne

(@jamesosborne)

@razorfrog We’ll update you here as soon as we have an update, sorry about the delay. Thanks

انا عاجز عن الشكر و انا سعيد لحسن المعاملة اكثر من اي شئ اخر

@razorfrog we appreciate your patience as we confirm if there are possible limitations. We’ll keep you updated with more information, but you can also follow this on our repository. Thanks for raising the topic!

Hey @razorfrog – thanks for the request. I’m trying to test if this is an actual issue in Site Kit and have a couple of questions:

* Have you seen this issue/limit occur?
    * Do you want to connect 26+ sites to the same Analytics accounts, using a separate property for each?

(@razorfrog)

Hi @adamsilverstein – 1) I haven’t yet run into this issue with Site Kit, but I hit the authorization limit using GADWP, that discussion link is above. They said it was a Google Account limiting issue, so I assumed it might be an issue with Site Kit as well.

I’ll keep authorizing more sites and see if we run into anything. I was just hoping to get an answer here first.

2) Different accounts and properties, but all authenticated using the same Google account (mine). For GADWP and Analytify that was an issue. Does that make sense?

Hey @razorfrog – I was able to reproduce this issue with Site Kit as well. I set up Site Kit on around 28 sites using the same Google account over a period of a couple of days and eventually lost access to data on the earlier sites, requiring that I re-login to regain access. As you anticipated, that same API limits affect your account access via Site Kit, since these are account/API limits.

Am I correct in guessing that you are setting up or connecting a new Google analytics property for each site? Are these for sites being built for clients? If so, my recommendation would be to share access to the site property with the client directly in Google Analytics, then have them go thru the Site Kit auth flow in WordPress to access their site data.

You can use a separate WordPress login to initially log in and configure Site Kit, then have the client log in and use their Google account to access the (preconfigured) data. This way only their account connection needs to remain intact, and the fact that you are setting up multiple sites with your account wont matter.

(@razorfrog)

I’ve confirmed this as well – I had 30 sites connected through the same account for a few days and just saw “Unable to receive access token because of an invalid authorization code or refresh token.” on two of them, where I was disconnected from Site Kit.

Thankfully it does appear that the tracking code is still active, even when the backend connection is broken.

Thanks for confirming @razorfrog – yes the plugin will still leave all placed tags, the authentication is only about your ability to see data in the dashboard.

@razorfrog thanks again for raising this issue…

we made some improvements recently that will prevent the plugin from revoking access across your sites when you become disconnected on a single site. In my testing, I set up 27 sites and remained connected to all of them (although it is possible I would still hit a limit at some other threshold). Before we fixed the issue, Site Kit with disconnect across the sites in the same test.

Can you give this another test with the current version of the plugin and your sites and let us know if you are able to stay connected to all the sites? If you do get disconnected, is the oldest connected site only that gets disconnected?

Plugin Support James Osborne

(@jamesosborne)

@razorfrog As we didn’t receive a response I will mark this as resolved. Many thanks for raising this support topic, which helped us improve the product by making changes after various testing.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘25 site authorization limit?’ is closed to new replies.