Support » Fixing WordPress » 5.5 upgrade leads to warnings

• While in the dashboard I selected upgrade to 5.5.when entering the dashboard since I get this message:

Warning: Declaration of SbiHelpersPluginSilentUpgrader::download_package($package, $check_signatures = false) should be compatible with WP_Upgrader::download_package($package, $check_signatures = false, $hook_extra = Array) in /homepages/2/d175088350/htdocs/NewFiles/clickandbuilds/printsandresearch/wp-content/plugins/instagram-feed/inc/admin/PluginSilentUpgrader.php on line 24
    can you assist please? my email is (email redacted)

I cannot now enter my dashboard

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Hi @jonnieturpie

Login to your website via ftp or cpanel. Then go to the plugins folder, delete the Smash Balloon Social Photo Feed plugin (instagram-feed).

You will be able to login to your wp-admin and reinstall the plugin.

Thread Starter jonnieturpie

(@jonnieturpie)

Hi and thank you (@elvis89) I am now back in my dashboard.
    Although I am offered the option to update theme twentyseventeen it is not responding. If you can suggest a way to push it on please do, otherwise I will stick with what I have. Thanks again

@jonnieturpie

I have not understood what you mean by this statement “Although I am offered the option to update theme twentyseventeen it is not responding

What is not responding and what is the error?

Regards

(@jonnieturpie)

When I click ‘update’ on the twenty seventeen theme it displays ‘theme details’ and does not update.

(@jonnieturpie)

and when I attempt to customise the theme is goes into loading mode. thanks for your help

(@jonnieturpie)

Hi @elvis89

I am still unable to customise Twenty Seventeen as it goes into loading mode and does not complete the operation.

Is there a way to return to pre WP 5.5 upgrade that seems to be preventing the customise loading?

Thanks

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘5.5 upgrade leads to warnings’ is closed to new replies.